no dine-in seats for new joo chiat restns

Sharing of information on food news picked up from other media. Exchange of opinions, knowledge and experience on self-created topics.

Moderators: Moderator, dramaqueen

no dine-in seats for new joo chiat restns

Postby kfseetoh » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:21 am

just read how URA "solves" parking problems in Joo Chiat. They now ban dine-in seats for any new eatery setting up there. Dogmatic creativity innit. They should just ban all eateries and allow only bicycle shops to operate there. :roll:
kfseetoh
Regular

Re: no dine-in seats for new joo chiat restns

Postby bunhiong » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:50 am

haha luckily I live in joo chiat, no need to worry about parking :p
bunhiong
Veteran

Postby thingthing » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:57 pm

:-? What an idea...
thingthing
Freshie

Postby kfseetoh » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:31 am

it's as if standing diners or take out customers don't drive. what enlightened thinking :roll:
kfseetoh
Regular

Postby bunhiong » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:57 pm

yah we joo chiat residents kena hit twice oredi, first time was when they asked to "clean up" joo chiat. wah once the streetwalkers kena removed, a lot of kopitiams folded or moved (like my fei lo hor fun). good street food is unfortunately directly correlated to the size of the gawking crowd (geylang is testament to this).

now kena hit again .... at this rate, no more kopitiams in joo chiat :)
bunhiong
Veteran

Postby zeeshan002 » Tue May 12, 2015 1:29 pm

Anyway, kudos to the organisers for introducing another great makan place. Most people do not realise the amount of efforts they put in for each makan session, including vetting the restaurant first before deciding that it is good enough for fellow makan kakis. Unfortunately, I doubt I will be returning because the sight of this drunk idiot may just make me lose my appetite and ruin my dinner again. :(
zeeshan002
Freshie

Postby makancamera » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:12 am

The URA "solution" is poorly envisaged.
Surprise that the heads did not roll at URA management level from this fiasco.
It should.
• Look, first off I want to say what about the customers who take public transport to Joo Chiat and walk to the new F&B outlets in Joo Chiat?
Now why punish them by officialdom disallowing seats?
They did not contribute to parking woes in the area.
• It is patently unfair to the NEW F&B outlets when the OLD F&B outlets are allowed to have their seating. Both types of businesses pay taxes and relevant fees. This rule or law is very poorly drafted. This is discriminatory.
• If you want to stop parking woes in Joo Chiat, then don't issue NEW F&B outlet licenses in the first place. You cannot issue the license, then stipulate a condition that effectively KILLS their business. This is nonsense.
• Why are the residents living in Joo Chiat so pampered? They are not the only ones having parking woes. What about the residents of Geylang area or other popular nightspot areas?
• Is it not the national idea to reduce car ownership? That is the main thrust of the COE idea, right? Then tell Joo Chiat residents don't buy cars and they won't have driving/parking problems.
• If illegal parking is causing problems in Joo Chiat, then it is a matter of enforcement. Why has URA/traffic police failed to enforce action against illegal parking in Joo Chiat and instead want to adopt this silly "solution"?
• Finally, if F&B outlets are to blame for parking woes, then close ALL the F&B outlets in the Joo Chiat area. Cancel ALL the licenses regardless of whether they are old or new F&B outlets. Will the Joo Chiat residents now be happier that their residential area is now a ghost town/ desert?
makancamera
Seasoned Makankaki

Postby liennguyen » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:39 am

^ agree

Follow this https://bsscommerce.com/magento-2-one-step-checkout.html to enhance your e-commerce sites :D
liennguyen
Freshie

Postby PaulJWood » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:38 pm

lol the idea tho...
PaulJWood
Freshie

Return to Food Gossips