Healthy Food

Sharing of information on food news picked up from other media. Exchange of opinions, knowledge and experience on self-created topics.

Moderators: Moderator, dramaqueen

Healthy Food

Postby jane001 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:59 pm

What comes to your mind when you think about healthy food? Some say you can never go wrong with fresh fruit and vegetables, others say that meat and seafood are also good for us.

Theoretically we all know what is healthy, but on a practical level we also like food that tastes good to satisfy our taste buds.

In this programme Yang Li interviews six people with different lifestyles on their views of healthy food.

What could be more healthy than growing your own vegetables in the garden?

I have noticed lots of food in the UK marked with "low fat" and I want to know what do british people think about healthy food?
jane001
Freshie

Re: Healthy Food

Postby orange » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:07 pm

Definition of healthy food for me ... :D
- not oily
- chemical free
- fresh ingredients only
- not deep fried
orange
Freshie

Postby Tangawizi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:10 am

i grow my own veges in the garden, but the way i cook them, it's not that healthy after alll....

i don't think stir frying is the healthiest way to cook, is it?
aiyo!
Tangawizi
Seasoned Makankaki

Postby Dribbling with Envy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Tangawizi wrote:i grow my own veges in the garden, but the way i cook them, it's not that healthy after alll....

i don't think stir frying is the healthiest way to cook, is it?

Stir frying is definitely healthy if you don't use too much oil! I tend to like to use a non-stick wok and add very little oil! However, the traditional wok heats up easily - cooks quicker! Dweh use olive oil but I told him that it is just not the same! Needs either Corn oil or Peanut oil.

Here in UK, I eat plenty of salads! Low fat mayo/salad cream to make it tasty! Grilling, steaming is a great way of cooking healthy food. I do occasionaly long for Fish & Chips! I don't know why, food that has been deep fried just tastes so much more yummilicious!

Wish we had a bigger garden so I can grow some organic vegetables!
Last edited by Dribbling with Envy on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dribbling with Envy
Veteran

Postby Dribbling with Envy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:45 pm

See Above! Can't cancel this post!
Last edited by Dribbling with Envy on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dribbling with Envy
Veteran

Postby kaexc » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:42 pm

i feel healthy food is an integral of food combination and not individual elements. Its good to have a diet supplemented with chiili, garlic, corriander, chives, ginger, spring onion, pepper, and herbs like sage, mint, basil. Some foods enhances when they combine, and some foods are good but not to be taken too often. Everything in excess leads to breakdown of balance, and healthy food is a link with constant exercise non-vigourous, that maintains the metabolism of the nutrients that we absorbed. There are very little original food nowadays as most have been genetically modified for commercial substainance. In general, i feel healthy food is also the technique employed in fabricating the raw materials to the product on our table. Raw foods can be very good, if the stomach can withstand. Some people likes to eat sashimi, semi-cooked beef, raw vegetables. The best way to retain the quality of food, is to cook at the correct temperature. Overeating is a form of unhealthy food. Moderation with a relaxing mind, is a catalyst of healthy food.
kaexc
Regular

Postby miki » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:24 pm

healthy food are food that are grown or found in natural, healthy environment,...usu not from factories or worse, laboratories :D
miki
Regular

Postby Rita Frank » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi,
Health is considered as an essential and integral part of our of our life.It is a sheer Gift from GOD.
when we are healthy and fine we do not need anything in life.Health is a real treasure and pleasure for us.For getting healthy and fine for a lifetime we should and must get foods that keep us all time healthy and smiling.Fresh Vegetables and fruits are main sources for good health.Meat and fish are also necessary for our body.we should take food in a standard quality and quantity.Junk foods are always avoided they do not give us anything they are just for taste.We have to get nutrition and power along with taste.

Thanks..
Rita Frank
Freshie

Postby johnnyblame » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi..
Its good to have a diet supplemented with chiili, garlic, corriander, chives, ginger, spring onion, pepper, and herbs like sage, mint, basil. Some foods enhances when they combine, and some foods are good but not to be taken too often.
johnnyblame
Freshie

Postby dramaqueen » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:46 pm

Dear All
Kindly refrain including your "signature" as an indirect way of advertisement. Continuation of these methods will be subject to deletion of your postings. Thank you for your assistance.

Administrator
www.makansutra.com
dramaqueen
Freshie

Postby Simsci » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:30 am

A well spread of all foodstuffs is always the right thing to do.
Any over-indulgence in any general food group (meat, fat or starch) or any particular food preparation type(deep fried, fried) not only limited the choices of foods available but is also not a well-balanced spread and bad for health. :D
I walk like a motorist.
Simsci
Seasoned Makankaki

Postby evebaby » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:16 pm

moderation and balance..
evebaby
Freshie

Postby patience » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Hello,
Eating is one the most important events in everyone’s life. We enjoy eating - it’s part of who we are and part of our culture; in fact, eating is the hottest universal topic of all times. We depend on eating: the foods we eat are the sole source of our energy and nutrition. We know so much about eating.A healthy food involves appropriate amounts of all nutrients, and an adequate amount of water. Nutrients can be obtained from many different foods, so there are a wide variety of diets that may be considered healthy diets.

Moderator: Spam advertisement from this post has been removed.
patience
Freshie

Postby Rain04 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:19 am

Cook some chicken then 'burn it' a bit in a frying pan, warm a pitta in the micro pop the chicken in add lettuce, onions and a spoon of low fat mayo mixed with a little mint sauce and crushed chilli. High protein low fat - works out around 500 cal. Lovely

Postby Evan_M » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:44 pm

Making healthy food choices isn't easy, especially when so much misinformation abounds. Food manufacturers market and label their products in ways that are sometimes deceptive, while fad diet promoters deliberately play upon popular misconceptions about what is and isn't healthy.
Last edited by Evan_M on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evan_M
Freshie

Next

Return to Food Gossips