Traditional food for Mid Autumn Festival

Sharing of information on food news picked up from other media. Exchange of opinions, knowledge and experience on self-created topics.

Moderators: Moderator, dramaqueen

Traditional food for Mid Autumn Festival

Postby Eazy_188 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:03 pm

Some countries in East Asia and South East Asia celebrate Mid-Autumn festival, on the 15th day of the eighth month in the traditional East Asian lunar calendar. From Korea to Vietnam, from Japan to Singapore, this occasion will be marked by various customs and festivities. And traditional food is a special point in this festival. Food with a round shape, meaning unity and togetherness, such as moon cakes, usually represents good wishes and happiness.
This year, the Mid-Autumn festival falls on Oct 4, so today I will share some traditional foods for this occasion
1. Moon Cake
Mooncake is the most popular and important food eaten during the Mid-Autumn Festival. Various types of mooncakes are placed in the most prominent places in stores and markets as the festival approaches.
2. Hairy Crab
Eating hairy crab has become a popular delicacy for the Mid-Autumn Festival in recent years. In September and October, hairy crabs are at their best, being richest in protein and amino acids.
3. Duck
The tradition of cooking duck with taro is widely followed during the Moon festival. The osmanthus flower duck is a must have and is crispy, tender and not greasy at all. So is the smoked and baked duck relished as the main course.
Refer Magento 2 Checkout Success Page extension - Magento 2 Order Details on Success Page extension
Eazy_188
Freshie

Re: Traditional food for Mid Autumn Festival

Postby liennguyen » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:30 am

Love Moon cake, really delicious :)

Explore magento 2 one step checkout https://bsscommerce.com/magento-2-one-step-checkout.html to enhance your e-commerce sites :D
liennguyen
Freshie

Postby nigenuy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:49 pm

KFC was founded by Colonel Harland Sanders, an entrepreneur. www.mykfcexperience.com first started selling fried chicken from his roadside restaurant in Corbin, Kentucky.
nigenuy
Freshie

Postby PaulJWood » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Always
Moon
Cake
Repeat after me man, Moon cake!
I tried this cake from my Asian Friend 10 years ago, and I must say, there are no single food more suitable for Mid Autumn Festival than Moon Cake.
Its sweet, great filling, and when you taste it with green tea under the moon, the only word you can say is: DAMN!
PaulJWood
Freshie

Return to Food Gossips