Do Ryan Clift's restaurants live up to the hype?

Same applies as "Street Food", except that here we talk about restaurant food. Yes, Fast Food Restaurants and cafes fall under here too.

Moderators: Moderator, dramaqueen

Do Ryan Clift's restaurants live up to the hype?

Postby nicolewatson » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm sure many of you have heard about Ryan Clift by now, owner of popular restaurants like Tippling Club, Open Door Policy and most recently, Ding Dong.

I was determined to try his restaurants out and you can read my review on Tippling Club here:
https://www.treatsandmeats.com/blog/2013/7/15/tippling-club

And review on Ding Dong here: https://www.treatsandmeats.com/dingdong

In short, I think Tippling Club is incredibly overrated. I'd heard such rave reviews about this place and how it serves impeccable food and boasts an award winning bar. The interior of the restaurant was incredibly dated and old; not exactly a place you'd want to sit and have a $400+ meal! Yep, their tasting menus are incredibly expensive. Alternatively, you can opt for their bar snack menu, which is what I did. Their bar snacks were actually quite tasty, though I can't say the same for their cocktails. I wanted a cocktail with gin & Champagne but the waiter refused to customise one for me. It's totally not a big deal and I wasn't fussed by it, I just expected better service from a world class bar.

Ding Dong, on the other hand, was much more impressive. It's a newly opened restaurant along Ann Siang Hill serving South East Asian food and cocktails. The interior was trendy, bright and colorful. Their menu boasts a "small plates" and "big plates" section which is perfect for those who like to order several things and share. Overall, I thought most of their dishes were tasty and well presented, specifically the Vietnamese Scotch Eggs (a hard boiled egg, wrapped in sausage meat, bread crumbs then baked! Yum!).

I haven't written a formal review on ODP, but didn't find it impressive at all the last time I went. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing, I'm not sure. But either way, I think it's really hit and miss when it comes to Ryan Clift's restaurants!
nicolewatson
Freshie

Re: Do Ryan Clift's restaurants live up to the hype?

Postby Da_Man » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Having move to NYC and now London, I can only sad restaurant food in SG is over-priced.

When I go home for my visits, I stick to the hawker food.

Who is this Ryan Cliff anywhere? Not exactly Keller, Rubuchon or even Atherton he is, innit??!
Da_Man
Veteran

Postby Trevis » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:28 am

I haven't written a formal review on ODP, but didn't find it impressive at all the last time I went. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing, I'm not sure. But either way, I think it's really hit and miss when it comes to Ryan Clift's restaurants!
Join online VCP550 braindumps and testking to pass Test king exam in first try. Our best quality quincy and Northwestern University guide you well for real exam.
Trevis
Freshie

Postby Oasisves » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:49 pm

I enjoy talking to people in this very forum. And love to learn the news.
Oasisves
Freshie

Postby Articunozuzie07 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Thanks for the info
Articunozuzie07
Freshie

Postby lily » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:03 am

wow great work done by you.
yhis is lily a proffession web develep;er at web site.
lily
Freshie

Return to Restaurants